How French are you?
What do I have to do ?
Score as much base XP as possible with the new French Cruiser—see the rules below for further details.
In Random (PvP) battles. Cooperative and Ranked battles are out!
Signups: You can sign up starting from the publication of this article all the way to the end of the contest.
Contest: The competition lasts from 20 April 00:00 CEST (UTC+2) until 17 May 23:59 CEST (UTC+2).
What can I win?
Every week players can win:
- Bundles with camo or bundles with a ship and some camo!
- 5x Duca d’Aosta with Port Slot and a 12-skill-point Italian captain
- 5x Okhotnik with Port Slot and a 10-skill-point captain
- 10x Katori with Port Slot and a 6-skill-point captain
- 20x Katori or 20x Smith or 20x bundles containing flags
- Grand Prizes at the end!
You can find the exact prize split in the rules below!
Rules and conditions:
Attention: You must sign up on the dedicated page in order to participate in the competition. Signups are open from the publication of this announcement until the end of the contest!
In order to participate, you have to play a minimum of 10 battles in the correct tier(s) every week to qualify from 20 April at 00:00 CEST (UTC+2) until 17 May at 23:59 CEST (UTC+2). Only battles played during the activity’s time frame count as valid contest attempts. There is no need to keep track of your scores—the results will be drawn directly from the server. Only the new regular French cruisers can be used for this event.
The tiers are split into the following categories on different weeks:
Cadets (Players up to 500 battles at the start of the contest):
- Week 1 from 20/04 to 26/04: Tier I
- Week 2 from 27/04 to 03/05: Tier II
- Week 3 from 04/05 to 10/05: Tier III
- Week 4 from 11/05 to 17/05: Tier IV
Commanders (Without a limit on the number of battles):
- Week 1 from 20/04 to 26/04: Tier III & IV
- Week 2 from 27/04 to 03/05: Tier V & VI
- Week 3 from 04/05 to 10/05: Tier VII & VIII
- Week 4 from 11/05 to 17/05: Tier IX & X
You must score as much base XP as possible (XP modifiers do not apply). Remember, only your highest score will be taken into account! For the grand prize, points will be given based on each week's ranks and summed up at the end of the event. The goal is to get as many points as possible:
- Rank 1: 15 points
- Rank 2: 14 points
- Rank 3: 13 points
- Rank 4: 12 points
- Rank 5: 11 points
- Rank 6 – 20: 10 points
- Rank 21 – 100: 5 points
- Rank 101+: 1 point
You can participate every week and win one weekly reward each week. The highest place will be taken into consideration for double rewards (you can’t score in the Cadets and the Commanders category in the same week). In cases where two or more players end up with the same amount of base XP, the damage inflicted during that battle will be used to determine the order of the winners.
You must not cause significant team damage in the battle (accidentally bumping into a friendly ship doesn’t count as team damage).
To be considered in a given category, you have to play at least 10 battles with ships from that category (so, for example, between 20/04 and 26/04, you have to play at least 10 battles with a Bougainville for Cadets and Friant or Duguay-Trouin for Commanders). Only Random battles (PvP) count—no Co-op (PvE), Ranked, or Team battles! Divisions count only if formed with ships of the same tier. If you win a ship you already own, you will be compensated with the equivalent value of the ship in Credits and a Port Slot.
Weekly, in each category (Cadets & Commanders):
- 1st - 5th place: A bundle containing the Cruiser Diana, a Port Slot and 40 “Type 3 – New Year” camouflages.
- Random winners: Bundle containing 20 Type 3 – New Year's camouflages.
- 1st - 5th place: A bundle containing the Cruiser Emden, a Port Slot and 40 “Type 6” camouflages.
- Random winners: A bundle containing 20 “Type 6” camouflages.
- 1st - 5th place: A bundle containing the Destroyer Smith, a Port Slot, and 40 Valentine's Day camouflages.
- Random winners : A bundle containing 20 Valentine's Day camouflages.
- 1st - 5th place: A bundle containing the Destroyer Tachibana, a Port Slot, and 40 St Patrick's Day camouflages.
- Random winners: Bundle containing 20 St Patrick's Day camouflages.
The Grand Prizes!
- 1st - 5th place: A Duca d’Aosta with a Port Slot and a 12-skill-point Italian Captain!
- 6th - 10th place: An Okhotnik with a Port Slot and a 10-skill-point Captain.
- 11th - 20th place: A Katori with a Port Slot and a 6-skill-point Captain.
- On top of that, we will draw 60 winners at random amongst the participants who will get one of the following rewards: a Katori or Smith, or a bundle containing 10 of each flag.
The results will be announced in the dedicated thread on our World of Warships EU forum and as soon as possible after the end of each week with the winners of the different weeks and the temporary “Grand Prize” rankings. However the final results and all the rewards will be announced/sent within two weeks of the contest's end.
Best of luck, Captains!